It’s been a while since I’ve updated this list of life goals that range from the simple to the insane (swim the English channel you maverick!) but I’ve managed to tick a few more off. Reading through, its clear how many of these are travel orientated. I tried to think on a slightly smaller scale, but if seeing as much of the world as possible is my main goal, then I’ll stick to that. Hashtag Life Goals etc. The list remains unfinished as this cookie dough is not quite done baking.
*the entries in bold have already been completed with the brackets indicating the date.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge (Dec 2004)
- Get Eyes Lasered (May 2009)
- Try Meat Again (2009)
(After sampling meat again in 2009 – having been a vegetarian for eleven years – I then segued into eating it full time, which really, I couldn’t avoid whilst backpacking, but that’s really just an excuse. I then flirted with the idea of vegetarianism until committing back to it full time in August 2015, and have remained wonderfully meat free since then, aside from two slip-ups with a blue steak and German sausage.)
- Hike from Lands End to John O’Groates
- Visit the Lake District (September 2010)
- Run the London Marathon
(I’ve put my name in the ballot for the 2017 race, and have begun training without a place, but I’m still enjoying it nonetheless. Can currently run 16k which is alright!)
- Swim the English Channel
- See the 7/8 Man Made Wonders of the World:
– Pyramids of Giza
– Coliseum (July 2007)
– Macchu Picchu (April 2013)
– Taj Mahal (September 2012)
– Chichen Itza (January 2013)
– Christ the Redeemer (February 2013)
– The Great Wall of China
- See the 7 Natural Wonders of the World
– Mount Everest (October 2012)
– Victoria Falls
– Aurora Borealis (The Northern Lights)
– Grand Canyon (January 2013)
– The Great Barrier Reef (August 2012)
– Rio Harbor (February 2013)
– Halong Bay (October 2010)
- Write a Novel (April 2009 – May 2010)
- Become a Published Author
- Travel 100 Countries – Properly (Total Count: 43)
- Gain a Bachelors Degree (September 2007 – November 2010)
- Hold an Open Water (+) Diving License (August 2011)
- Backpack around the world for a minimum of one year (June 2011 – May 2013)
- Live in a Non English speaking country for a minimum of six months
(Thanks to our decision to bugger off out of the EU – Cheers Brexit! – this is looking less likely than ever)
- Become fluent in another language
(Mein gott mein schwanz ist kaput!)
- Hike the Himalayas (September – October 2012)
- Sky dive (November 2012)
- Live in Sydney, Australia (November 2011 – November 2012)
- Climb Mt Kilimanjaro
- Go to the Superbowl
- Visit all 51 States of America (Total:5)
- Go into Space
(Still not happened yet, but a possibility for 2017 of course)
- Go aboard a cruise
- Set foot on all Seven Continents (South America, North America, Asia, Oceania, Africa, Europe, Antarctica)
- Visit Antarctica.
(Two birds, one stone with No. 26)
- Dive the Red Sea in Egypt.
- Learn to play a musical instrument
(Apparently the pink oboe doesn’t count)
- Achieve over one million views on the blog.
(Alas, perhaps I should become a young, hip YouTube blogger)
- Eat at a Michelin Star Restaurant.
- Island hop the South Pacific
- Ski a Black Run
(I’m seriously regretting putting this down)
- See in the New Year in Times Square
- Pro-create (at the appropriate time)
- Gain a producer/director credit in television.
- Visit the Maldives.
- Own property. Possibly in London. Probably not.
- Dive the continental divide at Silfra in Iceland.